Licensed Attorney in Oregon, Washington and Idaho
Kevin Swan is a shareholder at Bittner & Hahs, P.C. His practice focuses on complex real estate and construction transactions and disputes, commercial finance, business transactions, and proactive employment advice. Kevin believes that effective legal advice begins with strong client relationships, which enables him to anticipate how his legal advice impacts and improves mission critical business functions of his clients.
Kevin’s clients range from local to regional and national real estate investors, real estate developers, commercial contractors, lenders, manufacturers, retailers, and professional service providers, each of whom appreciate how his business education and experience season the counsel he provides. Clients attest that his ability to analyze legal issues from a business lens, adds value to their organizations by producing manageable and practical business solutions that reduce risk and facilitate smooth business transactions.
Kevin is married to his high school sweetheart, McKenzie, and together they have three children. When not in the office, you’ll find Kevin spending time with his family hunting, snow skiing, fishing, or playing golf.
Expansion of Oregon’s Equal Pay Act: Highlights and Proactive Tips to Reduce Viability of Unwarranted Claims, (2018) The Verdict, Issue 2.
Click here to read Article.
- Commercial Real Estate & Construction
– Drafting, review, and negotiation of commercial leases.
– Drafting, review, and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements.
– Commercial real estate disputes.
-General contractor and subcontractor representation, including drafting and review of construction agreements and dispute resolution.
-Represents local, regional, and national lenders to draft and review loan documents
-Represents borrowers in acquisition of commercial financing and refinance transactions
– Stock sale and asset sale transactions
– Contract drafting and review
– Business formation and dissolution
– Succession planning
– Drafting and review of employment agreements, employee handbooks, and severance and release agreements, among others
– Proactive advice to improve employer compliance with fluid employment laws.
– Employer representation in employment claims and disputes.
- Bachelors of Science in Business Administration – Oregon State University
- Juris Doctor – Regent University School of Law
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Multnomah Bar Association